- Country Analysis Home Page
- Background Information Sources
- Country Profiles
- Economic & Industry Research Within Countries
- Journal & News Articles Referencing Countries
- Government Agencies
- Web Resources
These include more detail and are usually official publications.
- BUSINESS SOURCE COMPLETE: Country Reports / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
ABOUT BSC / BASIC SEARCH HELP SHEET / BSC USER GUIDE
Scholarly business database, providing bibliographic and full text content. BSC provides full text journals in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM (Production & Operations Management), accounting, finance and economics. Additional full text, nonjournal content includes financial data, books, monographs, major reference works, book digests, conference proceedings, case studies, investment research reports, industry profiles, market research reports, product reviews, country reports, company profiles, SWOT analyses and more.
- Search for a country name to find articles from business journals & publications.
- Narrow down results by “Source Types” on left side of screen → click on Country Reports
(Note “More” under “Source Types”).
- Other “Source Types” include Academic Journals, Trade Publications, Magazines, Newspapers, Books, SWOT Analyses, Industry Profiles, Market Research Reports, Product Reviews, etc.
- Sort by: Date (descending or ascending), Relevance, Author, or Source.
- Click on article or report title to view abstract.
- Click on PDF or HTML Full Text link to access full text of article or report.
- If no PDF or HTML link, click on Find It! to see if article is available full text in another database.
- If full text is not available and Maag Journal Finder shows that we do not have access to the publication, fill out an Online Article Request Form to request the article through InterLibrary Loan.
- Publications tab: Political Risk Yearbook, Country Report (Economist Intelligence Unit), OECD Economic Surveys available full text for select countries.
- The Library of Congress: Country Studies Program: Country Profiles
This series of profiles of foreign nations is part of the Country Studies Program, formerly the Army Area Handbook Program. The profiles offer brief, summarized information on a country’s historical background, geography, society, economy, transportation and telecommunications, government and politics, and national security. The profiles offer reasonably current country information independent of the existence of a recently published Country Study and will be updated annually or more frequently as events warrant.
- MERGENT ONLINE: Country Profiles / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
MERGENT ONLINE QUICK TIPS / MERGENT ONLINE BASIC SEARCH
Mergent Country Profiles: In lower right hand corner of screen, select a country from the dropdown list. Click OK to open with Adobe Reader.
- U.S. Commercial Service: Market Research Library
Market Research Reports / Country Commercial Guides (CCG) / Best Market Reports
- U.S. Department of State: Country Background Notes
The publications listed include facts about the land, people, history, government, political conditions, economy, and foreign relations of independent states, some dependencies, and areas of special sovereignty.
>>Previous editions of Background Notes