- Finance 3730 Home Page
- Common Stock Analysis
- Exchange-Traded Fund Analysis
- Mutual Fund Analysis
- Finding Specific Publications
0 Use the databases listed below to search for articles and business information. While these databases provide a good starting point for your research, other databases are also available. To view the complete list of databases, go to the Maag Library Home Page and click on Research Databases on the left side of the screen under Quick Links.
0 Many articles may be found full-text within the databases, while others may be found in print in the bound journals on the sixth floor of the library. If you are having trouble locating the full text of an article, check Maag Journal Finder to view all print & electronic holdings for the journal. If MJF does not lead you to full text access of the article (print or electronic) use the Online Article Request Form to order the article electronically. InterLibrary Loan can locate most articles and will email you with a PDF attachment. This process takes approximately one week.
- Select your institution (Youngstown State University) then click on Submit.
- Enter your last name followed by first name.
- Enter your YSU ID# (number beginning with “Y” found on your YSU ID or in your portal account).
- Enter your PASSWORD. **Until you set up a unique one in Your Library Record your YSU ID# is your password**
- Click on Submit
- Databases purchased individually by Maag Library require YSU username & password (same as YSU email).
0 CLICK HERE for more information about off campus access.
Business Databases: Mutual Fund Analysis
- BUSINESS SOURCE COMPLETE / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
ABOUT BSC / BASIC SEARCH HELP SHEET / BSC USER GUIDE
Scholarly business database, providing bibliographic and full text content.
- Search specific mutual fund publications for information about mutual funds:
- At BSC opening screen, click on Publications on the blue toolbar at the top of the screen
- Enter name of specific publication in Publications search box and click on Browse
- Click on the title of the publication
- To find specific issues, click on the years listed at the right and select the desired issue
- To search all available issues of the specific publication, click on Search within this publication directly above list of years and enter terms in the search box(es)
- Examples: Morningstar FundInvestor; Mutual Fund Market News; Fund Strategy; Morningstar Fund Family Reports for American Funds, Fidelity, & Vanguard; Morningstar Practical Finance
- Search entire database for articles about your mutual fund:
- At BSC opening screen, enter search terms and click on Search to obtain a list of relevant articles
- Click on article title for citation information and article abstract
- Click on HTML Full Text or PDF Full Text to retrieve full text of article
- If no HTML or PDF link, click on Find It! to see if it is full text in another database
- Morningstar in PRINT:
- Morningstar Mutual Funds READY REF HG4530 .M8 (Held at Reference Desk)
- Look your mutual fund up in the Index to find the page number for its report
- Choose funds from Top Performers list
- VALUE LINE RESEARCH CENTER / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
VALUE LINE GUIDES / HOW TO USE VALUE LINE PAGES
Helps investors access the most accurate and independently created research information available, in any format they choose, and teaches them how to use it to meet their financial objectives.
- The Value Line Mutual Fund Survey:
- At Value Line opening screen, click on Mutual Fund Survey under Quick Index on left side of screen
- Click on Lookup Fund
- Enter ticker for mutual fund in search box, select Ticker and click on Search
- Select appropriate fund in Fund Name column to access page from print version of The Value Line Mutual Fund Survey