- Financial Ratios Home Page
- Reference Room Resources
- Finding Books in MaagNet
- Finding & Requesting Books in OhioLINK
- Electronic Books
- Business Databases & Maag Journal Finder
- Web Resources
Finding Ratio Information
0 Use the databases listed below to search for articles and business information. While these databases provide a good starting point for your research, other databases are also available. To view the complete list of databases, go to the Maag Library Home Page and click on Research Databases on the left side of the screen under Quick Links.
0 Many articles may be found full-text within the databases, while others may be found in print in the bound journals on the sixth floor of the library. If you are having trouble locating the full text of an article, check Maag Journal Finder to view all print & electronic holdings for the journal. If MJF does not lead you to full text access of the article (print or electronic) use the Online Article Request Form to order the article electronically. InterLibrary Loan can locate most articles and will email you with a PDF attachment. This process takes approximately one week.
- Select your institution (Youngstown State University) then click on Submit.
- Enter your last name followed by first name.
- Enter your YSU ID# (number beginning with “Y” found on your YSU ID or in your portal account).
- Enter your PASSWORD. **Until you set up a unique one in Your Library Record your YSU ID# is your password**
- Click on Submit
- Databases purchased individually by Maag Library require YSU username & password (same as YSU email).
0 CLICK HERE for more information about off campus access.
- LEXISNEXIS ACADEMIC / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
LEXISNEXIS ACADEMIC WIKI / YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS
Provides access to a wide range of news, business, legal, medical and reference information from nearly 7,000 sources, most of them available in full text.Covers newspapers, magazines, wire services, federal and state court opinions, federal and state statutes, federal regulations, and SEC filings. News information is updated daily and wire services several times daily.
- Click on Sources (blue tabs on left) ? Browse Sources ? Companies & Organizations file ? Company Directories & Profiles
- Select Disclosure(R) Online Database-US Public Company Profiles and click on OK-Continue
- Enter company name in search box and click on Search
- Locate your company in result list and click on company name
- Scroll down to “Ratios” section and click on Download Table for a printable version of that section
- MERGENT ONLINE / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
MERGENT ONLINE QUICK TIPS / MERGENT ONLINE BASIC SEARCH
Business info, including financial reports, company news and securities data.
- Company Search: Enter ticker symbol or company name in search box and choose from dropdown menu or click Go
- Financial Ratios for Companies: Return on Equity, Return on Assets, Quick Ratio, Current Ratio, Long Term Debt to Equity, Total Debt to Equity, Working Capital/Total Assets, etc
- Includes up to 30 annual financial ratios for U.S. and international companies
- In a company profile ? Click on Company Financials tab ? Click on Ratios and/or Analysis tabs
- A list of ratios are displayed for the most recent five years; However, you can create your own ratio chart using the last 15 years of financial information
- You may also click on Report Builder tab, then Custom Reports to build a custom report by selecting data items
- STANDARD & POOR’S NETADVANTAGE / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
NETADVANTAGE USER GUIDE / NETADVANTAGE TOUR
Comprehensive source of business and investment information, offering online access to popular Standard & Poor’s research products, such as Industry Surveys, Stock Reports, Corporation Records, The Register of Corporations, Directors and Executives, among others.
- Click on Companies tab and search for Company Profile by Company Name or Ticker Symbol
- Click on Financials on left side of screen and look at chart under “Other Financial Data” for latest six years of ratios, including Return on Equity and Return on Assets
- Click on Stock Reports (HTML or PDF) on left side of Company Profile screen; Page 3 of Stock Report includes sections on “Expanded Ratio Analysis,” “Key Growth Rates and Averages,” and “Company Financials”
- Click on Industries tab and choose an Industry Review OR Sub-Industry Review from dropdown menu. There is a section on Key Industry Ratios and Statistics and a section on Comparative Company Analysis with links to Profit Ratios, Balance Sheet Ratios, and Equity Ratios. Ratios are listed for major companies within the industry for 5-6 most recent years.
- Industry Surveys from prior years are also available in print at Maag Library: Surveys from 1995 through 2005 are on Floor 3A at call number HC106.6 .S74
- VALUE LINE RESEARCH CENTER / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
VALUE LINE GUIDES / HOW TO USE VALUE LINE PAGES
Helps investors access the most accurate and independently created research information available, in any format they choose, and teaches them how to use it to meet their financial objectives.
- Financial Ratios for Companies: Click on Standard Edition under Quick Index on left side of the screen
- Look Up Company: Enter ticker symbol or company name and click on Look Up Company
- Enter Company Name or Ticker Symbol and click on Search
- Click on PDF icon for your company; Company sheets have a chart which includes financial ratios in the center of the page
- Financial Ratios for Industries: Click on Standard Edition under Quick Index on left side of the screen. Click on Look Up Industry. Click on the Industry Report icon for the appropriate industry. Industry sheets display a Composite Statistics chart which includes financial ratios at the lower left of the page.
Use Maag Journal Finder to locate the print and/or electronic holdings of journals. You can search for a specific journal title or browse journals by title or subject. This is the best way to locate an article if you already have the citation!
From the Maag Library Home Page, click on Maag Journal Finder on the left side of the screen under Quick Links.