When you start a research project, you will need to go through a number of steps. This page provides a list of resources for each step. If you have difficulty at any point in your research, you can contact your Maria Barefoot for help.
- Databases – There are a number of databases that are specifically focused on Medical and Health related information. You can find a list of resources recommended by Dr. Bosso and Maria on the Databases page.
- Journals – If you would like to start by searching a specific journal, you can check the list of journals recommended by Dr. Bosso for this class.
Finding Full Text
- Maag Journal Finder – This resource allows you to see exactly what years of a journal are available online and provides a link to those resources. For instructions on how to search the Maag Journal Finder, see the Journals tab.
- Article Request Form – If an article is not available online, don’t panic. We can usually get you a copy of the article for free in about 1-2 weeks. After filling out this form, a copy of the article will be emailed to your YSU email account.
- Maag Resources – If you have having trouble citing the information you found, we have a page dedicated to helping you figure it out.
- The Owl at Purdue- This is an outside website that provides examples on how to format your paper, cite your sources in text, and write a bibliography page.
- The Writing Center - If you prefer to ask a live person, the writing center is available to help you proofread, format, and cite resources in your papers. The Writing Center is located in the lower level of Maag Library. You can stop in or contact them at (330) 941-1781