- Industry Research Home Page
- Industry Codes
- Reference Room Resources
- Industry Profiles & Surveys
- Financial Ratios
- Government Sources of Industry Information
- Finding Books in MaagNet & OhioLINK
- Business Databases & Maag Journal Finder
- Web Resources
Industry Profiles & Surveys
0 Visit Maag Library’s Business Research Databases Guide for a complete list of databases available for locating business information.
0 In addition to the Reference Room resources, various print and electronic resources available through Maag Library provide an overview of an industry’s organization, operations, and financial information. Most of the resources listed below are business databases available for use to the students, faculty, and staff of YSU. To view a complete list of available databases, go to the Maag Library Home Page and click on Research Databases on the left side under Quick Links.
0 Many articles may be found full-text within the databases, while others may be found in print in the bound journals on the sixth floor of the library. If you are having trouble locating the full text of an article, check Maag Journal Finder to view all print & electronic holdings for the journal. If MJF does not lead you to full text access of the article (print or electronic) use the Online Article Request Form to order the article electronically. InterLibrary Loan can locate most articles and will email you with a PDF attachment. This process takes approximately one week.
- Select your institution (Youngstown State University) then click on Submit.
- Enter your last name followed by first name.
- Enter your YSU ID# (number beginning with “Y” found on your YSU ID or in your portal account).
- Enter your PASSWORD. **Until you set up a unique one in Your Library Record your YSU ID# is your password**
- Click on Submit
- Databases purchased individually by Maag Library require YSU username & password (same as YSU email).
0 CLICK HERE for more information about off campus access.
- BUSINESS SOURCE COMPLETE / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
ABOUT BSC / BASIC SEARCH HELP SHEET / BSC USER GUIDE
Scholarly business database, providing bibliographic and full text content. BSC provides full text journals in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM (Production & Operations Management), accounting, finance and economics. Additional full text, nonjournal content includes financial data, books, monographs, major reference works, book digests, conference proceedings, case studies, investment research reports, industry profiles, market research reports, product reviews, country reports, company profiles, SWOT analyses and more.
- Datamonitor Industry Profiles: Typically 10-12 pages long, each Industry Profile contains market overview & size, market segmentation, competitive landscape, leading companies, forecasts, and definitions & key terms.
- Industry Forecasts from The Economist Intelligence Unit: Five-year forecasts for eight key industries, along with relevant background information. The eight industries are: Automotive; Consumer Goods; Energy and Electricity; Financial Services; Food, Beverages and Tobacco; Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals; Telecoms and Technology; and Travel and Tourism.
- For Datamonitor Industry Profiles and EIU Industry Forecasts, search for industry term and select Industry Profiles from the Source Types menu to the left of results list.
- For industry news and updates, search for industry term and select Market Research Reports from the Source Types menu to the left of the results list.
- Industry and Firm Studies HD31 .I55 2007 General Collection Floor 3A
The chapters address a wide variety of issues concerning industry structure, policy toward business, and the strategic innovations and blunders of individual firms. Part I of the book contains a selection of industries, based on the assessment of reader demand and relevance to current events and policy issues. Each chapter provides historical background, summarizes key economic features, and emphasizes one or more important economic or policy issues as they relate to the industry. Part II contains chapters on individual firms, those that have made important innovations, experienced supernormal success, or failed unexpectedly.
>>Table of Contents
>>More Information About This Book
>>Limited Preview at Google Books
- MERGENT ONLINE / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
MERGENT ONLINE QUICK TIPS / Business information, including financial reports, company news and securities data.
- REFERENCE USA: U.S. BUSINESSES / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
USING REF USA / SAMPLE SEARCHES / REF USA TOUR
U.S. Businesses Search: This database of 14 million U.S. Businesses contains verified, accurate data and is updated monthly. Customize your search form according to Name, Business Type, Geography, Phone, Business Size, Ownership, or Special Selects.
- STANDARD & POOR’S NETADVANTAGE / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
S&P NETADVANTAGE USER GUIDE / NETADVANTAGE TOUR
Comprehensive source of business and investment information, offering on-line access to popular Standard & Poor’s research products, such as Industry Surveys, Stock Reports, Corporation Records, The Register of Corporations, Directors and Executives, The Outlook, Mutual Fund Reports among others.
- Standard & Poor’s Industry Surveys: S&P provides online access to Industry Surveys for a wide variety of industries. Features in the surveys include: Current Environment, Industry Profile, How the Industry Operates, Key Industry Ratios and Statistics, plus more.
- Click on the Industries tab, then select an industry from the Industry Surveys dropdown menu. Click on the arrow to search. You may also choose an industry from the Sub-Industry Reviews dropdown menu.
- After reaching the industry survey, you can choose the HTML or PDF version on the left side of the screen.
- Check Archived Surveys dropdown menu for surveys from prior years.
- Industry Surveys from prior years are also available in print at Maag Library: Surveys from 1995 through 2005 are on Floor 3A at call number HC106.6 .S74.
- Other features accessible from the links on the left side of the screen: IPC Notes (Global Investment Policy Committee Notes), Industry in Focus, Stovall’s Sector Watch, Economic Insight, Economic Brief, Economic Calendar, and Trends & Projections.
- VALUE LINE RESEARCH CENTER / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
VALUE LINE GUIDES / HOW TO USE VALUE LINE PAGES
Value Line helps investors access the most accurate and independently created research information available, in any format they choose, and teaches them how to use it to meet their financial objectives.
- Value Line Investment Surveys: Full-page, individual stock reports (encapsulating a company’s past performance, current status, and outlook) and industry reviews.
- Click on Standard Edition under Quick Index on left side of the screen. Click on Look Up Industry. Click on the Industry Report icon for the appropriate industry. Clicking on the industry term will lead you to a list of major companies involved in that industry.