Table of Contents
Reference Room Resources
Ready Reference materials are held at the Reference Desk. Reference materials are shelved alphabetically by call number in the Reference Room.
- Telephone Directories for the following areas are kept at the Reference Desk: Youngstown/Warren; Akron; Cincinnati; Dayton; Harrisburg/Hershey; Lake Milton; Pittsburgh; Salem/Lisbon/Columbiana; Trumbull County; Lawrence & Mercer.
- 2011 Harris Ohio Industrial Directory READY REF HD9727 .O3 O37 2011
Statistical Information: Analysis of employment, establishments and classifications of companies by county, SIC and rank. Geographic Section: Companies sorted by city in alphabetical order; In-depth company data listed. Standard Industrial Classifications: Alphabetical index of classification descriptions; Numerical index of classification descriptions; Companies sorted by SIC product groupings. Alphabetic Section: Company listings in alphabetical order. Product Index: Product categories listed in alphabetical order. Product Section: Companies sorted by product and manufacturing service classifications.
- The Garden District Neighborhood Plan READY REF HT168 .Y68 G37 2008x
One of the implementation projects outlined in the Youngstown 2010 Citywide Plan is to develop more-detailed neighborhood plans for the over 100 neighborhoods throughout the city. Cradled by Mill Creek MetroParks, the Garden District sits as a predominately single-family residential neighborhood on Youngstown’s near-westside.
- Graphic Street Guide of Greater Youngstown-Warren ASK AT REFERENCE DESK
- MPA: Market Profile Analysis: Consumer and Business Demographic Reports: 2007 Edition: Youngstown-Warren-Boardman, OH-PA READY REF HC108 .Y8 M2 2007 (2 volumes)
Index of Census Tracts (complete list of all census tracts in the market area); Population and Household Factors (data for census tracts within ZIP Codes plus summary data totals for each county displayed in tabular format and in pie charts); Education and Labor Force Factors (2000 Census data for Educational Attainment and Labor Force size are provided at the census tract level within ZIP Codes; county totals are reported in both tabular format and pie charts); Industry & Occupational Factors (2000 Census data for 6 major occupational categories, including 11 occupational subcategories, along with 18 industry groupings are reported by ZIP Code; county totals are reported in both tabular format and bar charts); Business Market Factors (current year business counts in each ZIP Code are identified by 20 NAICS categories; total number of employees is displayed for each NAICS category; businesses are summarized by number of employees in various employee size classifications; total sales volume for each NAICS category, followed by the number of companies in selected sales volume ranges); Census Tract Maps (a set of maps is provided for each county displaying the county boundary plus the boundaries of all census tracts within the county; market inset maps provide a reference point for the census tract locations within each county).
- MPA: Market Profile Analysis: Consumer and Business Demographic Reports: 2004 Edition: Youngstown et al, OH READY REF HC108 .Y8 M2 2004
- The New 21st Century Pittsburgh Figured Out READY REF G1264 .P6 F57 2001x
A collection of easy-to-follow maps and insider tips for use in navigating Pittsburgh.
- Official Street Atlas of Youngstown Trumbull and Mahoning Counties ASK AT REFERENCE DESK
- Youngstown 2010 Citywide Plan READY REF HT168 .Y68 M35 2005x ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE
Youngstown 2010 is a citywide plan for the City of Youngstown, Ohio. It began as a process to engage and educate the community about the importance of planning and the planning process, as well as create a vision and plan to help revitalize Youngstown well into the future. The City of Youngstown and Youngstown State University coordinated this planning process with help from nearly 200 volunteers, neighborhood organizations and businesses.
>>The videorecording Unveiling the Future: The Youngstown 2010 Presentation is available in the Multimedia Center at call number HT168 .Y68 U5 2003x (Local Use Only).