- Management 3725 Home Page
- MLA Citation Sources
- Industry Codes & Trade Associations
- Reference Resources
- Financial Ratios
- Business Databases:
- Government Web Resources
- Web Resources
Business Databases: Finding Articles & Industry Information
0 Visit Maag Library’s Business Research Databases Guide for a complete list of databases available for locating business information.
0 Use the databases listed below to search for articles and business information. While these databases provide a good starting point for your research, other databases are also available. To view the complete list of available databases, go to the Maag Library Home Page and click on Research Databases on the left side of the screen under Quick Links.
0 Many articles may be found full-text within the databases, while others may be found in print in the bound journals on the sixth floor of the library. If you are having trouble locating the full text of an article, check Maag Journal Finder to view all print & electronic holdings for the journal. If MJF does not lead you to full text access of the article (print or electronic) use the Online Article Request Form to order the article electronically. InterLibrary Loan can locate most articles and will email you with a PDF attachment. This process takes approximately one week.
- Select your institution (Youngstown State University) then click on Submit.
- Enter your last name followed by first name.
- Enter your YSU ID# (number beginning with “Y” found on your YSU ID or in your portal account).
- Enter your PASSWORD. **Until you set up a unique one in Your Library Record your YSU ID# is your password**
- Click on Submit
- Databases purchased individually by Maag Library require YSU username & password (same as YSU email).
0 CLICK HERE for more information about off campus access.
- BUSINESS SOURCE COMPLETE/ OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
Scholarly business database providing full text journals in all disciplines of business. Additional content includes financial data, books, monographs, major reference works, book digests, conference proceedings, case studies, investment research reports, industry reports, market research reports, country reports, company profiles, SWOT analyses and more.
>>For Industry Profiles, search for industry term and/or industry code, then select Industry Profiles from the Source Types menu to the left of results list.
- ACADEMIC SEARCH COMPLETE / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
Comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 5,300 full-text periodicals, including 4,400 peer-reviewed journals. Also offers indexing and abstracts for more than 9,300 journals and a total of 10,900 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc.
- ECONLIT / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
EconLit, the American Economic Association’s database, is the world’s foremost source of references to economic literature. Contains more than 785,000 records from 1969-present and covers virtually every area related to economics.
- ELECTRONIC JOURNAL CENTER
Includes the full text of more than 7000 online research journals covering many subject areas. Most electronic indexes available to the Ohio academic community link from article citations to the full text in the EJC.
- LEXISNEXIS ACADEMIC / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
Provides access to news, business, legal, medical, and reference information from nearly 7,000 sources, most in full text. Covers newspapers, magazines, wire services, federal & state court opinions, federal & state statutes, federal regulations, and SEC filings. News information is updated daily and wire services several times daily.
>>Industries & Markets Sources: Click on Sources tab (blue tabs on left) > Select Industries & Markets category > Choose sources from Business Opportunities, Industry Analyst Reports, Industry Statistics, Industry Trade Press, and Market Research Reports > OK-Continue > Enter search terms > Search > Choose Relevance from Sort dropdown menu (above listed results) > Click on article or report title for full text
>>Sources for Specific Industries: Click on Sources tab (blue tabs on left) > Browse Sources by Industry > Select relevent industry category > Choose sources > OK-Continue > Enter search terms > Search > Choose Relevance from Sort dropdown menu (above listed results) > Click on article title for full text
- MASTERFILE PREMIER (Popular Magazines) / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
Full text for over 1,900 general reference, business, consumer health, general science, and multi-cultural periodicals. Also offers indexing and abstracts for over 2,510 periodicals. Contains full text for reference & travel books; biographies; primary source documents; an image college of photos, maps, and flags.
- MERGENT ONLINE / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
MERGENT QUICK TIPS / BASIC SEARCH
Business information, including financial reports, company news and securities data.
- NEWSPAPER SOURCE / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
Provides full text for 185 national (U.S.) and international newspapers, including Christian Science Monitor, USA Today, The Washington Post, The Washington Times, The Times (London), Toronto Star, etc. The database also contains selective full text for 392 regional (U.S.) newspapers. In addition, full-text television & radio news transcripts are provided from CBS News, CNN, CNN International, FOX News, NPR, etc.
- REGIONAL BUSINESS NEWS / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
Full text newswires that incorporate news information from all over the world. Covers business, political, economic and other diverse, international news events. Contains only the most recent 30 days of information from each wire source.
- STANDARD & POOR’S NETADVANTAGE / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
S&P NETADVANTAGE USER GUIDE / NETADVANTAGE TOUR
Business and investment information with access to S&P research products, such as Industry Surveys, Stock Reports, Corporation Records, The Register of Corporations, Directors and Executives.
- Standard & Poor’s Industry Surveys: S&P provides online access to Industry Surveys for a wide variety of industries. Features in the surveys include: Current Environment, Industry Profile, How the Industry Operates, Key Industry Ratios and Statistics, plus more.
- Click on the Industries tab, then select an industry from the Industry Surveys dropdown menu. Click on the arrow to search. You may also choose an industry from the Sub-Industry Reviews dropdown menu.
- After reaching the industry survey, you can choose the HTML or PDF version on the left side of the screen.
- Check Archived Surveys dropdown menu for surveys from prior years.
- Industry Surveys from prior years are also available in print at Maag Library: Surveys from 1995 through 2005 are on Floor 3A at call number HC106.6 .S74.
- Other features accessible from the links on the left side of the screen: IPC Notes (Global Investment Policy Committee Notes), Industry in Focus, Stovall’s Sector Watch, Economic Insight, Economic Brief, Economic Calendar, and Trends & Projections.
Use Maag Journal Finder to locate the print and/or electronic holdings of journals. You can search for a specific journal title or browse journals by title or subject. This is the best way to locate an article if you already have the citation!
From the Maag Library Home Page, click on Maag Journal Finder on the left side of the screen under Quick Links.
Below are direct links to some specific publications to which we have access. Many others can be accessed through various databases or Maag Journal Finder. Click on the publication title for ON CAMPUS ACCESS. Use the OFF CAMPUS ACCESS link when off campus. Authentication with a valid library barcode required.
BSC=Business Source Complete
- Financial Times is available in LEXISNEXIS ACADEMIC
- At opening screen, click on Sources (blue tabs on left), then Find Sources
- Type title of publication (Financial Times) into Keyword search box
- Click on red Find Sources button
- Select “Financial Times (London) Archive” and click on OK-Continue
- Put in Search Terms and/or Specify Date and click on red Search button
- Wall Street Journal:
- Maag Library keeps the most current two weeks of print edition in the Reference Room
- Previous issues are on Microfilm X0468 in the 3rd floor Microforms Center
(allow time lag for transfer to film)
- Wall Street Journal Abstracts are available in LEXISNEXIS ACADEMIC —
See instructions for finding sources under Financial Times above