Table of Contents
- Management 4850 Home Page
- Reference Room Resources
- Business Databases: Company & Industry Research
- Maag Journal Finder: Specific Publications
Business Databases: Company & Industry Research
0 Visit Maag Library’s Business Research Databases Guide for a complete list of databases available for locating business information.
0 Use the databases listed below to search for articles and company information (mostly public). While these databases provide a good starting point for your research, other databases are also available. To view the complete list of available databases, go to the Maag Library Home Page and click on Research Databases on the left side of the screen under Quick Links.
0 Many articles may be found full-text within the databases, while others may be found in print in the bound journals on the sixth floor of the library. If you are having trouble locating the full text of an article, check Maag Journal Finder to view all print & electronic holdings for the journal. If MJF does not lead you to full text access of the article (print or electronic) use the Online Article Request Form to order the article electronically. InterLibrary Loan can locate most articles and will email you with a PDF attachment. This process takes approximately one week.
- Select your institution (Youngstown State University) then click on Submit.
- Enter your last name followed by first name.
- Enter your YSU ID# (number beginning with “Y” found on your YSU ID or in your portal account).
- Enter your PASSWORD. **Until you set up a unique one in Your Library Record your YSU ID# is your password**
- Click on Submit
- Databases purchased individually by Maag Library require YSU username & password (same as YSU email).
0 CLICK HERE for more information about off campus access.
- BUSINESS SOURCE COMPLETE / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
ABOUT BSC / BASIC SEARCH HELP SHEET / BSC USER GUIDE
Scholarly business database, providing bibliographic and full text content. Provides full text journals in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS (Management Information Systems), POM (Production & Operations Management), accounting, finance and economics. Additional full text, nonjournal content includes financial data, books, monographs, major reference works, book digests, conference proceedings, case studies, investment research reports, industry reports, market research reports, country reports, company profiles, SWOT analyses and more.
- Find articles from business publications about your company:
- Enter search terms and click on Search to obtain a list of relevant articles
- Sort results by date, source, author or relevance
- Narrow results by Source Type: Academic Journals, Trade Publications, Magazines, Newspapers, Books, SWOT Analyses, Country Reports, Industry Profiles, Market Research Reports, Product Reviews, etc.
- Click on article title for citation information and article abstract
- Click on HTML Full Text or PDF Full Text to retrieve full text of article
- If no HTML or PDF link, click on Find It! to see if it is full text in another database or if the physical journal is available on the 6th floor
- If full text is not available and journal is not available through Maag Journal Finder, you can request the article by filling out an electronic Article Request Form
- LEXISNEXIS ACADEMIC/ OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
LEXISNEXIS ACADEMIC WIKI / YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS
Provides access to a wide range of news, business, legal, medical and reference information from nearly 7,000 sources, most of them available in full text.Covers newspapers, magazines, wire services, federal and state court opinions, federal and state statutes, federal regulations, and SEC filings. News information is updated daily and wire services several times daily.
- At opening screen, enter Company Name OR Ticker Symbol in “Get Company Info” search boxes and click Go
- To access Company Dossier, click on Companies (blue tabs on left), then Company Dossier.
- To access Company Profiles, click on Companies (blue tabs on left), then Company Profiles. Select specific sources from the “Select Source(s)” box.
- MERGENT ONLINE / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
MERGENT ONLINE QUICK TIPS / MERGENT ONLINE BASIC SEARCH
Business information, including financial reports, company news and securities data.
>>Basic Search: Enter ticker symbol or company name in search box and choose from dropdown menu or click Go
- REFERENCE USA: U.S. BUSINESSES / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
USING REF USA / SAMPLE SEARCHES / REF USA TOUR
U.S. Businesses Search: This database of 14 million U.S. Businesses contains verified, accurate data and is updated monthly.Selection criteria include: Business Name, Executive Name, Business Type, Sales Volume, Employee Size, Year Established, plus more.
>>Click on U.S. Businesses: Search > Create a Custom Search: Select Company Name under “Name” section and Ticker Symbol under “Special Selects” (ticker symbol narrows your results considerably) > Click on Create Search > Enter Company Name and Ticker Symbol in search boxes and click on Search Now > Click on appropriate company name to access company profile
- REGIONAL BUSINESS NEWS / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
ABOUT REGIONAL BUSINESS NEWS
Collection of full text newswires that incorporates news information from all over the world. Information provided by these sources covers business, political, economic and other diverse, international news events. In order to maintain the most current collection of news, this database contains the most recent 30 days of information from each of these wire sources.
- STANDARD & POOR’S NETADVANTAGE / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
S&P NETADVANTAGE USER GUIDE / NETADVANTAGE TOUR
Comprehensive source of business and investment information, offering online access to popular Standard & Poor’s research products, such as Industry Surveys, Stock Reports, Corporation Records, The Register of Corporations, Directors and Executives, among others
- Find a company profile:
- From Companies tab, select Company Profile from Resources dropdown menu, choose Ticker or Company Name from Search by box, enter ticker or company name in search box, and click on arrow
- Overview includes Business Summary and Company Fact Sheet
- Navigate company profile from links on left side of screen
- Profile includes: Company Quote, Company News, Company Chart, Valuation, Financials, Corporate Actions, Industry Information, Estimates & Opinions, Competitors (All & S&P Covered), Industry News, Stock Reports (HTML or PDF), Register, Bond Reports, Industry Surveys (HTML or PDF), Sub-Industry Reviews…
- Find a Standard & Poor’s Stock Report:
- At S&P opening screen, in Database Search box in right column, choose Stock Reports from Resources dropdown menu
- Select Ticker or Company Name from Search by dropdown menu
- Enter company name or ticker in Enter box and click on arrow to access PDF version of your company’s S&P Stock Report
- You may also choose to view the HTML version from link on left side of screen under Stock Reports
- Find a Standard & Poor’s Industry Survey:
- From Industries tab, select an industry from the Industry Surveys dropdown menu
- This will take you to the HTML version of the Industry Survey, where you can navigate the report through links: Current Environment; Industry Profile: Industry Trends, How the Industry Operates, Key Industry Ratios and Statistics, How to Analyze…; Industry References; Comparative Company Analysis: Definitions, Revenues, Net Income, Profit Ratios, Balance Sheet Ratios, Equity Ratios, Per-Share Data
- You may also choose to view the PDF version from link on left side of the screen
- VALUE LINE RESEARCH CENTER / OFF CAMPUS ACCESS
VALUE LINE GUIDES / HOW TO USE VALUE LINE PAGES
Value Line helps investors access the most accurate and independently created research information available, in any format they choose, and teaches them how to use it to meet their financial objectives.