0 The information on this page is designed to assist with student research projects and in identifying helpful resources. Maag Library provides access to Mechanical Engineering books, journals and data through print and online resources. The specific resources listed below are a portion of what is available through the library. For individualized assistance, contact the Science and Engineering Librarian; for general assistance, Ask a Librarian!
- MaagNet(Maag Library’s Online Catalog)
- Look here for books, government documents, e-books (electronic books) and other materials owned by Maag Library. Search by subject, keyword, author, or title. To locate appropriate subject headings, consult the Library of Congress Subject Headings, a multi-volume set of large red books shelved behind the Reference Desk in the Reference Room.
- Once an item has been selected, copy or print the publication information (author, title, publisher, date) found on the title page of the book or from the catalog record so the item can be properly cited later. For assistance in creating Works Cited or Bibliographic References pages see Citing Resources.
- Finally, note the item’s Call Number, Location, and the Building Guide to find the exact location.
- OhioLINK Central Catalog (combined catalog of OhioLINKmember libraries)
- Look here for books not available at Maag Library but owned by other Ohio colleges and universities.
- An item may be requested from other OhioLINK institutions if its status indicates it is Available. Typically books requested through the OhioLink Central Catalog take 3-5 business days (Monday through Friday) to arrive. To see the status of a request, check your circulation record. Once an item’s status shows as OhioLINK Rec’d, the item has arrived at Maag Library and is available at the Circulation Desk. See OhioLINK Borrowing Services for more information.
- For search help see About the OhioLINK Central Catalog
0 In addition to print monographs, some full-text, scholarly, scientific monographs may be found through the Electronic Book Center (EBC). Use any of the following keyword search terms “Mechanical Engineering,” “Mechanics,” or “Engineering Design.”
Finding Dissertations and Theses
- Dissertation Abstracts
Provides citations and abstracts to theses and dissertations to colleges and universities in North America and Europe. (While some dissertations may be available through Interlibrary Loan, this is not always the case. Not all holding libraries loan dissertations and theses through ILL. In some instances there may be a fee.)
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations Center (ETD)
Online theses and dissertations from Ohio graduate students from participating Ohio colleges and universities.
Articles in Print
0 Use this Engineering reference aids for assistance in finding articles: Database Search Strategies for Engineering
- Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) Digital Library (Not Available Off Campus)
- Computers and Applied Sciences Complete
Index, abstracts and full text of articles in many engineering disciplines, computer theory, and new technologies.
- Electronic Journal Center (EJC)
Full-text journals from OhioLINK electronic journal subscriptions. Currently includes over 6000 scholarly journals in a variety of disciplines. To best benefit from this database, choose the Engineering category or select the Mechanical Engineering sub-category.
- EI Engineering Village
Search Compendex and Historical Compendex through this new site and interface. Compendex is a comprehensive interdisciplinary engineering database, the electronic equivalent of the print Engineering Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded or ISI Web of ScienceCurrent information as well as backfiles to 1900 are found in full text on the Web of Science. With this database the researcher can look for specific articles by subject, author, journal, and/or author address. Additionally, it is possible to search the databases for articles that cite a known author or work.
SciVerse Scopus contains comprehensive indexing for the scientific, technical, and medical sciences.
0 These databases provide a starting point for research; for other databases, visit the Research Databases page.
0 For additional assistance in finding journals available through Maag Library, use the Maag Journal Finder. Search for a specific journal by title or ISSN or browse under Engineering (General) or Mechanical Engineering and Machinery sub-categories under Technology.
- General Websites
- Human Powered Vehicles
- Super Mileage Vehicle